Complete your Registration with your payment here:
2021 Cactus Wren Program
Our Fall Program will be: Sporting Clays,
commencing on Thursday, September 9th.
Program Enrollment is CLOSED!!!
Arizona Game & Fish Commission awarded Ben Avery Clay Busters a 2021 grant award for 9 women and youth to go pheasant and chukar hunting as an event offered through the Outdoor Skills Network.
Our 2021 hunt was at Desert Pheasant Recreation, Coolidge, AZ, on March 7, 2021. This was a guided hunt with partners: Valley of the Sun Quail Forever and AZ Pointing Dog Club, to enable new hunters an experience hunting with bird dogs. Our format: 3 hunters to 1 Guide and Bird Dog(s).
Thank you to Arizona Game & Fish Commission, Desert Pheasant Recreation, and our wonderful volunteers for helping us to provide memorable experiences for everyone.
For other hunting experiences for novice hunters, please find more opportunities at the Outdoor Skills Network
What you need to know
about the Cactus Wren Program
- Enroll by using our online Registration. Participants will be on a 1st come—1st served basis, until 15 slots are filled.
- The Fall sporting clays program will be for 5 weeks on Thursdays only, from 5-5:30 PM to 7 PM. This course will receive both on-line and on-field instruction.
- If you do not own a shotgun, you will need a loaner. Please let us know in advance, so we can help reserve a shotgun for you. Due to new protocols for the safety of your health, the Clay Target Center no longer provides loaners. Our students may use the club's shotguns for Cactus Wrens.
- Shotgun ammo: Only 7 1/2, 8 or 9 shot is allowed at Ben Avery’s CTC. If you plan to use a club loaner, it is important that you notify us as to your shotgun gauge preference: 20– or 12-gauge. We cannot provide 28 gauge or .410 ammo.
- Participants will be responsible for Targets (approximately $20 or less weekly). You will need a shooter’s Gold Card from the Ben Avery Clay Target Center for your targets. 12- and 20-gauge ammo will be provided per availability through Ben Avery Clay Busters.
- Bring a hat, eye and ear protection. If you are concerned about recoil, wear a should pad or shoulder insert pad for shooting vests. Please dress for your own protection. Ladies: No sandals.
- All participants will be provided an opportunity for NRA Shotgun certification through this program.
· Questions? Contact Coach Marci Welton
NOTE: We cannot confirm your Enrollment without both the Registration Form (Step 1) AND Program Fee (Step 2).
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR
2020 FALL (SPORTING CLAYS/5-STAND)
AND 2021 WINTER TRAP STUDENTS
Who recently received their
NRA BASIC SHOTGUN CERTIFICATIONS,
NRA SKILL AWARDS
For additional info
please contact: Marci Welton, 602-571-4055; email@example.com